Welcome

If you're here, you probably already know what I'm talking about.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Domestic Bliss



So, today, on a whim much-needed break from things I do for everyone else, I did something for me.  I cleaned out kitchen cabinets and re-organized everything.  Sounds like a chore, but order from chaos is something I need crave.  Daily.  Especially since Pops came to live with us.  It all happened so fast that my entire household was upside-down.

He asked if I was cleaning out cabinets and I said, "Yes, am I bothering you?"  He said, "It's a lot of noise." Now, that was my perfect opportunity to remind him that he has a tv and a recliner in his room.  But, I followed my "raising" and stuffed those emotions right back down where they belong.  And promptly put my earbuds back in, turned up my music, and started intentionally making a lot more noise.  Childish, I know, but it FELT GOOD.  :)

My creative outlet has been cooking for a very long time, but there IS no time for that now.  So, I have adopted the "store-bought" approach to nearly everything.  I feel a twinge that I am not giving my loved ones the best possible nutrition.  But at this point, it is their health versus my sanity. Sanity wins.  In a very big way.

Gotta run.  Lots more noise to make.

Whackadoodle-doo, y'all!

&8~)

No comments:

Post a Comment