Welcome

If you're here, you probably already know what I'm talking about.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Happy Freaking Holidays



   So, Christmas, right?  The struggle is real, yo.  Not only have the cats pulled ornaments off the tree, they've torn open wrapping paper and destroyed bows.  Ok, so no bows and double-wrap ALL the presents.  Crap.  

  Also, my dad's daytime caregiver picked the 12 days of Christmas to go off the rails; or at least, this is when the truth came to light.  Lying about her mileage, leaving during her shift to run a personal errand, during which time he fell, taking him with her on another personal errand, and being an hour late without letting me know.  So, she's getting fired for Christmas.

Then, my 12-year-old son decided he is not coming home for Christmas due to his father's Jehovah's Witness cult bullshit.  I totally lost my shit for a minute or ten - with his dad, not him.  I understand he is torn.  At first, I thought, "well, this ruins Christmas".  But guess what?  I get to spend it with my daughter - just the two of us like before my son was born.  Well, the three of us, since my Dad lives here, too.  :)

Oh, yeah, and Dad; well, only one of his other children has made plans to see him for Christmas.  Seriously?  Merry freaking Noel.  So, Happy Holidays, Dad, and thanks for always supporting us, but eff you, we're too busy having fun to show you any love and respect.  About what I expected, but still disappointing, to say the least.  This will be his first Christmas as a widow, too.

So, Christmas, right?  The struggle is too real.

Whackadoodle-doo, y'all.

&8~)

No comments:

Post a Comment